Tours have been scheduled throughout STATPHYS25. There is an additional charge to join the tour programs respectively. The tours aim at showing conference participants and their accompanying persons the historical sites, natural beauty and cultural abundance of the city. To book the tour programs, please click "Tour Reservation". Please note that all tours are on a first come first served basis.
Tour reservations must be submitted by e-mail. Please send your application form to the STATPHYS25 Secretariat (email@example.com)
Please download the application form by clicking the icon below
Reservation & Payment
- All participants and accompanying persons can register for the following tours at the rates indicated.
- If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the tour may be cancelled.
- The itinerary may change due to local conditions.
Half Day Tour Program
- HT-1 Royal Relics Morning Tour
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – Gyeongbok Palace & National Folk Museum – Insa-dong Antique Alley – Tour Desk
- KRW51,000/person (Minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- Gyeongbok-Gung (Palace) is built in 1394 as a primary residence for the royal family. The National Folk Museum displays the lifestyle of ancient Koreans. There are 20,000 vestiges, with a total of 4,000 folk relics. The National Folk Museum displays the lifestyle of ancient Koreans. There are 20,000 vestiges, with a total of 4,000 folk relics. Insa-dong Antique Alley is a narrow street lined with antique stores and modern art galleries where visitors can wander and browse at leisure, and buy souvenirs.
- HT-2 Favorite Afternoon Tour
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – Leeum, Museum Art – Itaewon District – Tour Desk
- KRW64,000/person (minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- Leeum, Museum of Art, established by the Samsung Foundation of Culture, this museum exhibits the cultural properties and fine arts works collected by the late chairman of the Samsung Group, Byung Cheul Lee (the founder). Covering an area of 9,900㎡, Leeum consists of Museum1, which exhibits Korean antique art works, and Museum2, which exhibits local and foreign modern fine arts works.
Itaewon District is the most exotic place in Seoul to spend a day of shopping, dining and hanging out. There is an enormous variety of shops, entertainment venues and restaurants for visitors to enjoy.
Full Day Tour Program
- FT-1 Stroll the Old Town Area and Experience Traditional Art
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – Changdeok Palace & Huwon – Bukchon Hanok Village – Gahoe Museum (Amulet Stamping Experience) – Insadong Antique Alley – Tour Desk
- KRW98,000/person (minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- Changdeok-Gung(Palace), the second royal villa built following the construction of Gyeongbuk-Gung in 1405 is surrounded by trees and wooded hillside on the northern fringe of Seoul. Indeed, the palace and the adjacent "Huwon" (rear garden) were designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its historical significance, simplicity and subtleness and Because of existence in harmony with the natural environment. Nestled between two royal palaces, Gyeongbok-Gung and Changdeok-Gung, Bukchon Hanok Village is home to hanoks(Korean traditional house), many of which have been transformed into accommodation and other commercial facilities while maintaining their traditional layout that is native to Korea.
Opened in 2002, Gahoe Museum has on exhibit, folk paintings and amulets reflecting the lifestyle and wishes of the Korean people from ancient times. You will find old paintings of the common people, paintings of religious beliefs, and roof tiles in the shape of human beings or goblins. After viewing, you can participate in regular hands-on programs inside the gallery. Insa-dong Antique Alley is a narrow street lined with antique stores and modern art galleries where visitors can wander, browse at leisure, and buy souvenirs.
- FT-2 Korean Folk Village & Hwaseong Fortress: Gyeonggi-Do Tour
- TIME & ITINERARY
- 09:00 - 17:00
Tour Desk – Korean Folk Village - Lunch – Suwon Hwaseong Fortress – Tour Desk
- KRW 99,000/person (minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- Korean Folk Village is a living museum that recreates the lifestyle of several centuries ago. There are potters, weavers, blacksmiths, and other artisans who practice their trades in traditional fashion. There are also 240 traditional homes and a small amphitheater for music and folk dances. Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, the Brilliant Fortress in Suwon, Gyeonggi-Do (Province), was built with the first use of cranes and other latest construction engineering of the 18th century. The construction was planned by the 22nd king of the Chosun Dynasty, Jeongjo, when he moved his father's tomb in 1789. Each structure well harmonizes architectural splendor and function on a key strategic spot.
- FT-3 Nami Island & Chuncheon: Gangwon-Do Tour
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – Nami Island – Myeongdong Street – Lunch – Chuncheon High School – Joonsang's House – Gongjicheon (pass by) – Chuncheon Station – Tour Desk
- KRW113,000/person (Minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- Lover's Forest at Nami-Seom(Island) is the shooting location where romantic Korean drama "Winter Sonata"(Starring Bae, yong Jun as Joonnsang and Choi, Ji Woo as Yujin) and they kissed for the first time in this drama. Myeongdong Street is located in the heart of downtown Chuncheon, Gangwon-Do as a very popular street. Fast-food restaurants, movie theaters, night clubs, and more pack the streets of this hip area. Here started out with only 2~3 dakgalbi restaurants, there are currently around 25. For years, the Chuncheon region has been well known for its many poultry farms, one of the reasons for dakgalbi's popularity. Joonsang's house is remained as a filming location and many tourists are visiting there with a memory of drama.
- FT-4 Kimchi Making Experience & Essential Seoul City Tour
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – Kimchi Making Experience (Lunch included) – Namdaemun Market – N Seoul Tower – Tour Desk
- KRW100,000/person (minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- Kimchi is a well fermented spicy cabbage side dish served at every Korean meal. Whole Chinese cabbages are stuffed with a mix of garlic, green onions, ginger, and red pepper powder and fermented over a period of weeks. Opened in 1964, the Namdaemun Market is the largest traditional market in Korea, where you can find and buy a variety of clothes, glasses, kitchenware, toys, mountain gear, fishing equipment, stationery, fine arts, accessories, hats, carpets, flowers, ginseng, and imported goods. Most shops have their own factories and make the products themselves, offering both wholesale and retail prices. This enables visitors to purchase various items at extremely inexpensive prices. A landmark of the metropolitan city of Seoul, N Seoul Tower was introduced as new name from "Namsan" Tower and is providing more fun and excitement. From the highest point, N Seoul Tower has been embracing the city for the last 25 years giving memories and stories to people.
Night Tour Program
- NT-1 Night view of Seoul Tour
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – N Seoul Tower – Cheonggyecheon Stream – Tour Desk
- KRW60,000/person (minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- N Seoul Tower, a landmark of the metropolitan city of Seoul is 236.7 meter high and was built on the Mt. Namsan (243 m). It has been known as the best tower in Asia. You will get an observation deck located at 360m above the sea level by a speedy elevator moving 240m per minute. Cheonggyecheon Stream used to exist merely as an overpass neglected in 1970 until it was restored in 2005, became a haven of natural beauty amidst the bustle of city life.
- NT-2 Non-verbal Performance "Nanta"
- TIME & ITINERARY
Tour Desk – Dinner – Nanta Performance – Tour Desk
- KRW115,000/person (Minimum 10 Persons Basis)
- 'Nanta' (or 'COOKIN'), a non-verbal performance of reckless rhythms that dramatize customary Korean percussion in a strikingly comedic stage show. Integrating uniquely Korean traditional tempos with a western performance style, NANTA storms on stage into a huge kitchen where four capricious cooks are preparing a wedding banquet. While COOKIN', they turn all kinds of kitchen items - pots, pans, dishes, knives, chopping board, water bottles, even brooms and each other- into percussion instruments. Rhythm rules and audiences are swept along in the primitive sound explosion and actions on stage.
Post Tour Program
- PT-1 Legendary Gyeongju 2D1N (1 night 2 days) Tour
- Day 1 SEOUL / GYEONGJU
Met by guide - Transfer to Gyeongju by minivan & arrival in Gyeongju - Lunch on your own - Tour of Gyeongju (Gyeonju National Museum, Tumuli Park, Anapji Pond) – Dinner at local restaurant - Overnight at Gyeongju Commodore Hotel
- Day 2 GYEONGJU / SEOUL
Breakfast at hotel - Tour of Seokguram Grotto & Bulguksa Temple – Lunch on your own - Return to Seoul
- KRW595,000/person (Minimum 4 Persons Basis)
- Gyeongju was the capital of the Silla Kingdom for a thousand years, and the valley in which it is situated has a great concentration of historic buildings, temples, and artifacts. After the Silla Kingdom unified the peninsula in A.D. 676, the city developed into one of the world's major cultural centers. The area is called a "Museum without Walls" because of the wealth of historical buildings and treasures to be found there.
- PT-2 Tracing Chosun Dynasty Noble Life: Jeonju & Damyang 2D1N Tour
- Day 1 SEOUL / JEONJU
Met by guide - Transfer to Jeonju by minivan & arrival in Jeonju – Jeonju National Museum - Lunch on your own - Tour of Jeonju Hanok Village– Dinner at local restaurant - Overnight at Jeonju Core Riviera Hotel
- Day 2 GYEONGJU / SEOUL
Breakfast at hotel – Transfer to Damyang – Tour of Soswawon – Juknokwon, Bamboo forest – Lunch – Transfer to Seoul
- KRW499,000/person (Minimum 4 Persons Basis)
- A trip to culturally abundant city, Jeonju Hanok Village encompassees about 700 homes and represents the largest cluster of hanok in Korea.
The most well-known aspect of Jeonju is the food. One of Korea's most famous foods originates from this area is Jeonju Bibimbap(mixed rice with vegetables). Because of the geographcal advantage, rice which is cultivated in this area is rich and delicious so it had brought Jeonju Bibimbap became famous. In Jeonju, there is a pre-modern traditional houses(Hanok) village which called Hanok Village, and it retains its historical charms and traditions. Juknokwon is a bamboo forest cultivated by the town of Damyang. Seonginsan Mountain behind Damyang Hyanggyo (Confucian school) was transformed into Juknokwon Bamboo Garden featuring a beautiful artificial waterfall, pavilion, walking paths and an eco-exhibition center, a popular destination for visitors.
- PT-3 2D1N Suncheon & Suncheon Bay Tour
- Day 1 SEOUL / BOSEONG / SUNCHEON
Tour Desk – Transfer to Boseong – Boseong Green Tea Plantation – Meta-Sequoia Tree Road – Dinner - Overnight at Suncheon Royal Hotel (3*)
- Day 2 SUNCHEON / SEOUL
Breakfast at hotel – Naganeupseong Folk Village – Suncheon Bay Ecological Park – Transfer to Seoul – The End of Service
- KRW490,000/person (Minimum 4 Persons Basis)
- In Naganeupseong Folk Village, a fortress, a municipal office, Gaeksa (accommodation facilities for civil servants), and the thatch-roofed houses of the Joseon Dynasty are very well preserved. Within the village, more than 280 people still live in around 100 of the houses, making the village the only living folk village in Korea. Here, visitors can observe the life styles indigenous to the south provincial area of the Joseon Dynasty. You can also make traditional equipment by using wood and straw in the ten "experience houses". If you walk along the 1,410 meter-long fortress wall, you will enjoy picturesque views of the whole town.
Suncheon, in Korean, means to follow the heavenly principles, and as the name suggests,Suncheon-Mahn (Bay) has only even been subject to the laws of nature. The bay's endless tidelands and extensive reed fields reveal some of the wonders of nature. Walking paths have been placed through these golden fields of reeds, so visitors can take a stroll and observe the abundant wildlife. When the tide comes in, visitors can take boat rides out into the bay. At the Suncheon-Mahn Eco-Observatory, visitors can learn how the bay was created and see a variety of rare birds.
- PT-4 Fantastic Jeju Island 3D2N Tour
- Day 1 SEOUL / JEJU
Tour Desk - Transfer to Jeju by air – O'sulloc Tea Museum – Yongmeori (Dragon Head shape) Coast – Dinner – Overnight at Jeju Ocean Suites Hotel (3*)
- Day 2 JEJU
Breakfast at hotel – Trekking Olle trail(about 1.5km) – Yacheonsa Temple – Seongsan Ilchulbong (Sunrise Peak) – Manjang Cave – Dinner - Hotel
- Day 3 JEJU / SEOUL
Breakfast at hotel – Sangumburi Crater – Stone Park – Return to Seoul by air – The end of Service
- KRW1,050,000/person (Minimum 4 Persons Basis)
- Jeju Island, Korea's largest island, is only an hour's flight south of Seoul. As a result of its isolated location and romantic tropical image, Jeju has become a favorite retreat with honeymooners and tourists. Because the island was formed by volcanic eruption, a landscape of striking contrasts was created.
"Olle" is the Jeju word for a narrow pathway that is connected from the street to the front gate of a house. Hence, "Olle" is a path that comes out from a secret room to an open space and a gateway to the world. Like 'Camino de Santiago' in Spain or Shikoku Pilgrimage 'Ohenro' in Japan, Jeju Olle hopes all walkers who explore the routes gain "peace, happiness and healing" on the road.
- PT-5 Halleyo Marine Nat’l Park 2D1N Tour
- Day 1 SEOUL / GEOJE
Tour Desk – Transfer to Geoje - Oedo Island & Halleyo Marine Nat'l Park by excursion ship – Dinner - Overnight at Geoje Admiral Hotel (3*)
- Day 2 GEOJE / SEOUL
Breakfast at hotel – Historic Park of Geoje POW Camp – Mongdol Beach(Pebble Beach) – Return to Seoul – The end of service
- KRW530,000/person (Minimum 4 Persons Basis)
- Oedo Isalnd is a marine botanical garden located in Hallyeo Marine National Park, which has a beautiful view of the crystal blue South Sea and surrounding landscape. In 1969, Lee Chang-ho first came to this island to escape from the wind and waves as he was fishing. He and his wife created this breathtaking landscape with all the care for 40 years.
Historic Park of Geoje, P.O.W. Camp is the remains of what used to be a prisoner-of-war camp for North Korean and Chinese POWs during the times of the North Korean invasion of South Korea (6.25).
Another Recommend Tour Course
- Jogyesa Temple with Insa-dong Sightseeing
- Insa-dong and Jogyesa Temple is located in Jongro-gu in Seoul. Insa-dong is one of the Seoul's most visited places among foreign travelers,
Insa-dong is often regarded as a living museum in which modern and tradition coexist in a harmonious manner.
The district contains historical sites and its roads and alleys are lined with traditional tea houses, restaurants, calligraphy shops,
antique shops, art galleries and craft workshops. You can also experience Jogyesa Temple by walk in ten minutes from Insa-dong.
For more detailed information, please visit the homepage.
More detailed recommend tour course will be announced soon.
Useful Sites for Tour Information
- Visit Seoul
- Seoul Metropolitan Government
- Korea Tourism Organization